We carry loads of demands and responsibilities daily (buckets and pails of them) and often feel too tired to replenish our spiritual resources. Yet, God’s spirit can fill even the tiniest spaces with the sweetness of life—joy—creating courageous spaces for knowing God richly. Open to this gift, we increase, too, our capacity for sharing joy with people around us.
Inspired by Acts 2: 17-18, scripture which is often connected to Pentecost, how about making plans to experience Vine Street’s spring retreat, “Buckets, Pails and Courageous Spaces”? It’s Saturday April 16-Sunday, April 17 at Bethany Hills Camp and Conference Center (just 35 minutes from the church).
Here’s what you need to know:
• This is an all-ages event. Some of our activities will be intergenerational. At other times, the children will share their own experiences, lead by Rev. Hope Hodnett. The rest of us will have opportunities for learning and praying, led by Rev. Greg Rumburg;
• Infant and toddler care is available on Saturday 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.;
• The registration deadline is Sunday, April. 10. There are two ways to attend:
—choose a $10 retreat day pass, arriving Saturday morning and staying through dinner and vespers Saturday evening;
—choose a $20 retreat weekend pass, arriving Saturday morning, stay overnight and through breakfast and worship Sunday morning (children 5 and under are free. The maximum fee for a family is $75.);
• Scholarships are available--contact Greg Rumburg (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Share a ride from Vine Street on Saturday morning or drive yourself to Bethany Hills.
We’re looking forward to having you at our spring retreat 2016! To register online, click here.