homelessness : 360 is a ministry project that brings together what belongs together.
Too often we treat ministry like a pizza: a slice of worship, a slice of education, a slice of service in the community… But ministry is more like a circle where all points are defined by the common center.
Our worship, our study, our work, our fellowship, all share a common center in the God who meets us in Jesus Christ.
homelessness : 360 brings together all dimensions of our ministry around just one issue, homelessness. At Vine Street, over the course of approximately four weeks
- we pray every day, guided by a simple question like, “What do I look forward to when I go home at night?”
- we visit places like the Oasis Center and Campus for Human Development;
- we listen to speakers who have left behind easy answers a long time ago, but won’t stop pushing for better responses;
- we learn together how and why women, men, and children lose their homes;
- we build little houses for our hopes and our sorrows;
- we watch movies that help us imagine and understand the reality of not having a home;
- we bring the little houses we have built and filled with our prayers to worship and we build a city with them;
- we make beds, prepare meals, open the doors, and invite homeless men to spend the night and tell their stories.
Here's a list of all homelessness: 360 events with more information.