The children lead us again to discover the Christ child, Sunday evening, in music and in service to our Nashville community. Read more in this week's announcements....
Children’s Choir Performance Features Diaper Drive
Please join us for our annual evening of pasta and pageantry! The Children’s Choir will present Room for Christmas Sunday, Dec. 17 at 4 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. The musical will be followed by a lovely pasta dinner. The performance and dinner are free to everyone!
But what will you bring for the baby in the manger? Gold? Frankincense? We suggest diapers! The Children’s Choir is hosting a diaper drive to benefit the Nashville Diaper Connection, helping one in three families in Nashville which struggle to buy diapers. So, please bring a package of diapers to donate to one of the over 800 babies the Nashville Diaper Connection currently supports. Any brand, any size. And if you can’t make it to the performance, please bring your donation to worship Sunday morning, Dec. 24.
Glory to God in the Highest
Christmas Eve worship at Vine Street stirs fond memories and illuminates our way forward with God through Christ. Bring your family and friends to share in a dynamic, intergenerational 10 a.m. service designed especially with children in mind. Then, join us at 11 p.m. for our traditional lessons & carols service. Joy to the world!
Regional Ministries Make a Difference
Today we’re receiving our donations to the 2017 Christmas offering to benefit the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Tennessee. When we support our Region, we assist congregations and leaders in claiming their unique mission and ministry; call, commission and ordain new pastors; revitalize existing congregations and plan for new congregations; provide camps, conferences and retreats at places like Bethany Hills where children and youth find Christ's love; plus much more! Earmark your donation for 2017 Christmas offering.
In the News
• Dr. Christal Williams and the staff at the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Tennessee invite you and your family to their open house event Thursday, Dec. 21 from noon to 3 p.m. (7890 Coley Davis Road, Suite 102). The event will be a wonderful way to meet and greet the folks who are supporting Disciples, including us, across the region. RSVP at www. http://tndisciples.org/eventregistration/
• Please note: all Christian education classes Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 are cancelled to give our teachers extra time with their families. Classes resume Sunday, Jan. 7.
• Thank you for a tremendous year supporting Luke 14: 12! Our next service opportunity with this ministry will be in January. We will not serve Dec. 25.
• The church office will be closed Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1.
• Women’s Night Out will not meet this month. See you again in January!
Year-End Donation Support Church Ministry
As we near the end of 2017, thank you for supporting the ministries of Vine Street Christian Church. You provide resources for worship, service, education, music, plus ministerial and professional support. Many people like to make year-end donations to the church—please make sure they are in the office or postmarked by Saturday, Dec. 30. You may also make donations online at www.vinestreet.org. Questions about your pledge? Please contact Jim Carls, our Official Board treasurer (email@example.com).
New Year, Next Movie
Our Vine Street at the Movies group members invite you to join them for a film exploring one of the great-unanswered questions of literature: Were the works of Shakespeare really written by a fellow named Shakespeare? The movie is 2011’s Anonymous, based on one of the predominant theories about the true identity of The Bard. Which theory? You will have to attend to find out! Movie time is 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 3 in the Bride’s room (rated PG-13).