Here are the Vine Street Christian Church announcements for the week of April 23, 2017.
People and Prayers
The Rev. Dr. Wayne Bell died April 17. Dr. Bell served as the senior minister of Vine Street Christian Church from 1960-1974. The funeral is today in Lexington, Kentucky. Please hold Virginia, the Bell family, and all who love Dr. Bell in your prayers.
Congratulations to Audrey Gao, who was baptized Easter Sunday!
Let’s Celebrate Spring Together!
On May 7 from 4-7 p.m., the congregations of Vine Street and Alameda Christian Churches will gather at Edwin Warner Park for food, games and fun! We’ll provide the barbecue, basic sides, plates, utensils and drinks. All you have to do is meet at pavilion #10 with a side dish or dessert to share. Oh, and be ready for supper, corn hole, creek walking and wonderful fellowship! We can’t wait to see you there!
The Brass Band of Nashville will present its first concert of the 2017 season, “Heroic Brass,” at Vine Street on Thursday, April 27 at 7 p.m. Check out its Facebook page for details. Volunteer to be a greeter (we need at least four) by contacting Katie McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Next Week: Adult Christian Education
Adult Christian education continues next week. Join guest speaker Eric Livingston as he presents, “Christian Community: What Works?” Please join us—everyone gathers at 9 a.m. in Fellowship Hall.
In the News
• Elders, our regularly scheduled meeting is Monday, April 24 at 6 p.m. in Fellowship Hall.
• The Official Board will gather Wednesday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. in Fellowship Hall for its April meeting.
• Parents, children and youth: The early-bird deadline is May 1 for regional summer church camps at Bethany Hills, geared toward students kindergarten though high school seniors. Learn more at www.ccdctn.org.
• Women’s Night Out will meet Thursday, May 4, at Ninki Japanese Bistro in Belle Meade Plaza shopping center located at 4530 Harding Pike. Questions? Contact Jan Volk (janvolk.agla @gmail.com).
• Support Nashville Food Project Wednesday, April 26! That day all Nashville-area Chipotle locations will be donating a portion of purchases when you mention Nashville Food Project as you pay for your order. Support a great cause—enjoy a tasty meal!
Men to Gather
Monday Men will meet May 1 at 6 p.m. at the West Nashville M.L. Rose located at 4408 Charlotte Pike. Questions? Contact Thomas Kleinert (email@example.com).
Ladies to Meet
Serenity Circle will meet on May 8. Ladies, please join us at 6:30 p.m. in Fellowship Hall for fun and encouraging conversation. If you’d like to be added to the email list, contact Kathy Zamata (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Downtown Ministry Opportunity
Luke 14:12 serves Nashville’s hungry, homeless and working poor. Tomorrow you can join other Vine Street folks to help this ministry serve lunch from 11:15 a.m. until 1 p.m. at 705 Drexel Street (the Room in the Inn campus). No experience needed. Contact Jeff Miller to volunteer (email@example.com).
Registration Open Now for m&m Camp
Summer church camp programs nurture the faith of our children. At Vine Street’s m&m camp, campers will spend their days exploring music (m) & mission (m). The agenda includes laughing, singing, acting, making friends, creating, caring and playing. Certainly no m&m camp would be complete without eating plenty of m&ms and our daily walk to visit the firefighters from Station 17. The week culminates with a barbecue supper and a musical performance by the campers. Register now! It’s a sweet deal!
• Faith formation through music, mission and relationships
• Monday, June 19-Friday, June 23
• Musical & bbq supper: Sunday, June 25 at 4:30 p.m.
• Rising first-rising sixth graders
• Cost is $100 per camper, which includes t-shirt, art supplies and bbq supper for the family
• Registration ends May 15
• Questions? Contact Hope Hodnett (firstname.lastname@example.org)